Last updated August 3, 2020.
It does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or used as part of the Services.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website or our Services.
If you use the Services, or start an application to use the Services (wither directly through the Company, through a partner, or through a third party platform) we may collect the following types of information:
- Personal information. Your name, date of birth, Social Security number, address, phone, email, third party application IDs, employment history, and other similar information.
- Financial information. Bank account numbers and/or payment account numbers that you link to your Company account or give us when you use the Services. Before permitting you to use the Services, we may require you to provide certain information, including but not limited to, your date of birth and social security number. We may use this information or other information you provide to verify your identity or, with your consent, to obtain a credit or background check.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Your Options About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
When you apply to the Company for Services, we will collect information from credit bureaus and other third parties to facilitate to terminations for your eligibility, perform analyses, provide you with offers and assess risks related to the Services to be provided. If you receive financial services from the Company, we will also collect information throughout the life of your transaction to assess risks associated with that transaction and to support ancillary services related to the transaction. If another company refers you to the Company or assists you in anyway in the application process for the services, we may also collect your information from that company in order to process your application.
We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services. If you apply for Services from the Company, we will obtain consumer reports from consumer reporting agencies related to you, as well as in connection with the use of any other services that we offer or that you may obtain from us.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on access-controlled cloud-based servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. The Company sends important communications regarding your account or application via email and text. You should therefore take steps to secure and risk at restrict access to your email account and mobile phone and change your passwords frequently. If we have given you (or if you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
You should also be aware of fraudulent emails and texts known as “phishing” from companies claiming to be the Company and requesting your login information or other information. The Company will never ask you for your login information in an email or text message.
When are you when you are finished using the Website you should log out completely, if applicable, close the browser window and clear any browser cached files and saved passwords. This is particularly important if you use a computer that is accessed by other people, such as in a library or Internet café.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to facilitate the Services. This may include:
- Generating a user profile, processing your application and verifying your identity and application information;
- Performing a risk analysis based on your information;
- Enabling automatic payments and fund transfers with other financial institutions;
- Implementing collection activities, as needed;
- Communicating with you regarding your application, your account and/or your transactions;
- Addressing any concerns you may raise.
Company also uses your information to conduct analyses related to our Services and our Website. We use this information to improve our models and our Services. We also use this information to improve our Website’s usability and to evaluate the success of particular marketing campaigns and other activities.
The Company may also use your personal information to select you for certain marketing communications, newsletters, surveys and or request for feedback regarding your experience. The Company may use your personal information about the select you for offers and communicate offers to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send an email to [email protected]. For more information, see Your Options About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We share your personal information with employees, vendors, partners, training partners, marketing providers, and third parties as required to offer the Services. This includes, but is not limited to, processing transactions, maintaining your account, offering or servicing financial products, offering other financial services, responding to court orders and legal investigations, litigation purposes, complying with audits or other investigations, and reporting to credit bureaus. We also engage the following types of service providers to perform functions on our behalf: marketing providers, billing and collection providers, auditing and accounting firms, professional services consultants, providers of analytics services, security vendors, and IT vendors. Occasionally, these service providers may also collect data directly from you and their privacy policies may also apply.
The Company shares your information with third parties as permitted by law, including in the following specific ways:
- Referral Partners. If you were referred to the Company by another third party (a ” Referral Partner”), the Company will share your information as necessary to honor the terms of the agreement with that Referral Partner to process your transaction. In some cases, the Company may share with a Referral Partner for that Referral Partner’s own business purposes, such as to analyze and improve its business and provide targeted marketing to you.
- Training Providers. If you made an application to be used with a training provider, the Company may share your information with the training provider associated with your application.
- Credit Bureaus. The Company may share your personal information with credit bureaus to meet any credit reporting obligations we may have.
- With Your Consent. The Company may share your personal information with third parties at your discretion or whenever you consent.
- Anonymized Data. The Company may share aggregated and anonymized data sets with third parties including but not limited to business partners, service providers, investors, training providers, etc. No personally identifiable information will be included in these data sets.
- When Required by Law. We will share your information with any party when required by law or by a government request to do so or to combat fraud or criminal activity.
- With Our Partners to Provide Personalized Offers. We may share your information with business partners you interact with using Company for marketing, if you consent or as permitted by law.
We strive to provide you with options regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- SMS Messages. You can opt out of receiving SMS messages by replying “STOP”. Alternatively, you may be able to indicate your preference by emailing [email protected]. When available, you can review and change your sharing preferences by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. Again, Company reserves the right to close or limit access to your account should you opt out of the crucial notices that are required to perform the Services. You are still responsible for any amounts due to Company even if we close or limit access to your account.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by emailing [email protected]. When available, you can review and change your sharing preferences by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of emails and reminders related to any transaction with the Company.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. When available, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
The Company and its authorized agents, service providers and partners may monitor and or record all telephone communications in accordance with applicable law.
Ladder Labs Corp.
Attention: Legal and Compliance
2010 El Camino Real, Suite 2030
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Please also see our Privacy Notice.