Growth Marketing Lead
Help scale our customer acquisition and growth, helping us open and support new markets.
Ladder creates upward mobility for American job seekers and simplifies hiring for employers. Right now, we're helping job seekers attend 3-14 week classes to become certified nursing assistants (CNAs), financing their tuition and placing them with employers immediately upon completion. For many, Ladder represents a new lifeline to economic stability and a better chance at a fulfilling career.
We raised a seed round from Union Square Ventures, Collaborative Fund, 8VC, Moxxie, and former leaders at Affirm, General Assembly, Twitter, and companies in education & media. We're well-funded and ready to improve upward mobility and the health care labor supply in America.
We're looking for a Growth Lead to help us grow our customer base through messaging, new and scrappy concepts, different channels, and conversion rate optimization. You’ll use both data and deep empathy for our target customers. You should also be someone who goes above and beyond for our customers; for you, no task is below your pay grade.
Applications for this role are openFill out a short form and tell us why you're interested — we'll reach out to you with next steps if there's mutual fit. A resume is optional.
What you’ll do
- Own, define, and lead strategies for growing the base of students who upskill through Ladder
- Drive an aggressive experimentation approach across multiple growth channels and geographic regions to unlock value and accelerate user growth
- Define approaches to measuring the effectiveness of all user growth initiatives and optimizing our customer funnel
- Provide day-to-day, organizational-wide visibility into ongoing performance dashboards and metrics
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience in growth marketing at a consumer-facing company using multiple channels
- Strong experience driving and analyzing multi-channel campaigns through social media, offline, text, etc for a product launched from zero to one
- Obsession with hitting ambitious targets, executing A/B tests, optimizing our customer funnel, and translating data into insights and specific action
- Willingness to dig in and thrives in fast-paced, scrappy environments
- Can switch between nitty gritty tasks to high level marketing strategy
- Ability to deeply understand our customers
- Passion for Ladder and its role in improving people’s lives through education and healthcare
- Preferred: experience at an early-stage company
At Ladder, we’re looking to hire people who are effective problem solvers, think on their feet, are adaptable, and operate with grit, integrity, and a deep commitment to our mission. Please apply even if your experiences don’t exactly match what we’ve written in this job description. We’re committed to helping Americans increase their income with Ladder. If you’re passionate about equalizing access to opportunity, we want you to apply!
Fair market compensation, enabling you to join a rapidly growing company on the ground floor.
Flexible paid time off
Work-life balance is important. Take the time you need with our flexible policy — we'll even insist at least 5 days off every 6 months.
Health insurance, vision, & dental
Ladder offers you and your family an individual coverage HRA. This usually leaves little to no individual contribution.
To help you be productive, we provide a one-time $1,000 stipend to purchase equipment & furniture — like monitors or a new desk.
Our mission is in our DNA
Join a team that is both mission and vision-driven. We're building a fast-growing business centered around improving lives.
A diverse and inclusive workplace
Ladder is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law — including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, under which we will consider all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.